19 June, 2008

Letter from the Editor

I'm starting to feel that my description of this blog - up top there - is inaccurate. I mean, what is this blog about?

When I started OK Erok it was intended as a place for my creative endeavours as well as my cultural pursuits.

However, in the months since I began blogging, it has increasingly come to focus on comics
drawing, illustration, and design (more or less in that order),
with only occasional digressions about killing zombies, alien abduction and footballers' names and culture, in general.

I'll keep digressing, but let's face it, this is a blog about comics, drawing and creativity first, and Repo Man second.

I grew up reading American superhero comics, so there is naturally a lot of US stuff in here. I'm fairly ignorant about Manga and non-Western comics, but along with supporting local Irish comics and their creators, I hope the blog will become develop an international scope.

The evolution of this blog reflects my creative outlook, which is that process and development are the same thing; iteration and reiteration, finding out what you like and why you like it, who you are and why you're like that are all the one.

I hope you continue to enjoy it.